fot

Re: [Fot] Advice on Differential - Stock, Lock or LSD

To: Charles WATSON <clw2000@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Advice on Differential - Stock, Lock or LSD
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:49:53 -0500
Cc: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
I'm with Steve - my GT6 has a welded 3.89 in it.  There was one in the car when
I got it, who knows how old, just destructed this summer after eight years of
racing (and I coasted into pit lane with the rear end sounding like a can of
bolts).  I now have another 3.89 in the car, and a spare one welded up.
They're cheap and reliable.  They do require a certain driving style for this
nose-heavy car - brake mostly before you are in the turn and get on the gas
early to aim the car.

Cars with welded rears are a pain to roll around the paddock or garage, however!