fot

Re: [Fot] East Coast FOTs...

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Fot] East Coast FOTs...
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:15:36 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Pa hill climbs are lots of fun and the hills have a lot of history - they've
been running Giants Despair continuously since 1906.  They have one every two
weeks from June 8th to Sept 14, only one hill repeated, and it's a terrific one
(Weatherly).  Good paddock scene, great variety of cars and people, quite a few
spectators as these are local, small town events, Pagoda and Duryea being
bigger (in Reading).  No run-off, no guard rails, just the real deal - rocks,
trees sone walls and occasionally getting airborne.
Only caveat for you road racers is that driving time is limited.  If things run
smoothly, you might get four runs in a day, 1-3 minutes a shot depending on the
hill.
Entry fees are low.   Rich Rock is one of the hill climb experts on this forum,
being one of the organizers and having run them for years.

And yes, there are usually several Triumphs.