fot

Re: [Fot] re TR4-6 steering arm differences

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] re TR4-6 steering arm differences
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:38:56 -0700
Oh, and I forgot to mention that changing the spacers on the steering arms is
a nice, easy, small increment way to adjust for less bump. It moves the outer
pivot point in or out by a small amount and so changes the bump steer.

I've said this before, but for completeness: You want the pivot points of the
upper and lower arms and the steering link to line up in the same plane, for
both outer and inner pivots, and you want an imaginary line drawn through all
three arms (upper and lower suspension and steering link) to intersect the
same point. But since the only real way to achieve that is to start with a
clean sheet of paper, varying any of those parameters--the inner and outer
pivot points and the angle of the arms--will change bump steer. Since you're
fiddling with an existing system the best you can do is play with those
parameter you can change and see if you can minimize bump steer within the
limits of suspension travel.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html