fot

Re: [Fot] Dual or single valve springs?

To: George Harmuth <harmug@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Dual or single valve springs?
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:54:25 -0500
  This is a bit technical, but I will try to explain.  The tension of a
valve spring fluctuates at its natural frequency.  This often called
"Spring Surge".  Generally the two springs will have different natural
frequencies, which helps to smooth out the magnitude of these
fluctuations.  If you use a single spring with the same overall tension
as the two springs there is probably not much of a weight difference.
The other advantage of two springs is that you can get a stronger spring
force in a smaller space.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html