fot

Re: [Fot] Lever shock mounts

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lever shock mounts
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:35:09 -0400
No, that was not it, Don. The shock was tight in the mount. The mount
just pulled off the frame. The shock is not broken, the frame seems
sound in the area where the mount pulled off. It didn't burn through at
all when I welded it back on, so I am thinking I'm fine.

I was just wondering how common this failure was. From a couple of
public and private messages I got, it's happened before, and it will
surely happen again. I'll probably fabricate some gussets for both sides
and weld them in when I get a chance.

Just another thing to keep the watchful eye on.

Cheers