fot

Re: [Fot] The Truth About Midwest Winter)

To: mee23@cornell.edu, Group44TR7@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] The Truth About Midwest Winter)
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:51:03 +0000
BTDT...

There's a large parking lot next to my favorite bookstore. Last year after a
fresh snow I spotted this empty place and decided to cut some cookies with
my Audi TT. I had only owned the car since the previous May and hadn't
really driven it in bad weather up to that point. I was curious about how it
would do.  An expanse of open deserted parking lot on a Sunday morning was a
gift from the gods too good to pass up.

I was having a really good time when I notice a local squad car lights
going, the officer was motioning me over. "Bugger" I thought... there's
probably some ordinance I' breaking and I'm gonna get a ticket. He asked for
my license and insurance papers... looked them over. Handed them back to me.
He said, " you were checking out your bad weather handling... weren't you?"
"umm... erm... yeah," I answered, nonplussed. "Good..." he said, "`gotta
know that... Stay safe." With that he drove away.

Every now and then I get smacked in the face with the fact that cops are
human too

Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois