fot

[FOT] Street TR5 Questions

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Street TR5 Questions
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:21:01 -0500
I have a friend in Germany who has found a TR5 in pretty decent condition.
This is a street car and would be used as a street car, not converted to a
racer.

Questions:

Does anyone know if there are very many TR5's in the U.S. and if there are
spares available?

Is the mechanical fuel injection reliable, given it's age?  Or would a new
injection pump be likely and if so are they available?

Any idea on the value of the TR5?  Not in Germany, but in the U.S.?  (Trying
to sell this one as an "investment" to the Chairman of the Board and Chief
Financial Officer, aka, the wife)

It being older than 25 years it is my understanding that it would be exempt
from the emission regulations.

Thanks for the help.  Now that the race car is "almost" done, that is, it is
moving under it's own power and in the sorting out process, I'm getting the TR
insanity again and looking for another project.  The TR5 was always something
that I thought desirable.  Almost went up to Canada and tried to sneak one
over the border when they were sort of new.  Came to my senses though.  Three
little kids and a wife have a way of doing that for a person.

Tim