fot

RE: PowerTrain Clutch

To: "'Geoffrey Byrne'" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>,
Subject: RE: PowerTrain Clutch
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 07:03:24 -0700
I'm using the quartermaster twin plate clutch and really like it. Not sure
who Powertrain is. You can use the standard setup, but I really like the
modified SAAB release bearing I installed in Peyote. I cursed it for awhile
until I got it set up right--I should have spent more time and care before I
dropped the engine in.

Be really careful about that aluminum flywheel. I've broken flywheel bolts
way too many times with aluminum wheels. I use a steel one with six ARP
bolts and two tight dowels. I consider that minimum for a racing engine. I
think aluminum flywheels are possible, but would require a lot of careful
engineering and design.