fot

Kastner Cup

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kastner Cup
From: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 18:17:23 -0400
Fellow FOTers,

What an honor to receive the Kastner Cup for 2005!  I was totally surprised
when Joe "suggested" I hang around for the awards ceremony.  I've been racing
this TR3 for over 10 years now and Road Atlanta was its 49th race weekend.  It
was my first vintage race car and is still my favorite to flog around the race
track!

Thanks go to a number of people who were responsible for my honor by Kas.
After all, it is a "team effort."

Bill & Marguerite Snook, my parents, who got me started in vintage racing when
my Dad called me in 1993 from an auction in Florida suggesting we buy this TR3
that was all ready to go vintage racing!

Glen Effinger whose hard work and skills built (more than once!) and developed
this TR3 and helped me gain the racing knowledge and experience I have.

Mike Jackson, my hero TR3 driver, who always encouraged me and allowed me to
chase him around the track for the last 10 years.

Terry Stetler, our Chief Mechanic at Snook's Dream Cars, who with Glen's help
has maintained this TR3 for the last 5 years.

Joe Alexander for his boundless energy and enthusiasm that helped create this
great "un-organization" called FOT, allowing us to have the fellowship
afforded in such a group.

Kas Kastner for taking the time from his busy schedule to encourage us amateur
Triumph racers and tackling the tough job of picking his recipient each year.

Richard Taylor for putting together the 2005 MG/TR challenge at the wonderful
Road Atlanta track.

The Beady Eyes Racing Team who welcomed me early on into the fellowship of
racing Triumphs and making sure I always have plenty of wine and cheese to
enjoy at the end of every race day.

And Randy Williams who "did something" in the qualifying race causing us "fast
guys" to start mid-pack, which in turn allowed me the opportunity to make a
run through traffic and get far enough ahead of him that he couldn't catch me
during the race!

Rest assured the trophy will be displayed in a prominent place in our Museum
for all to see!

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com