fot

RE: speed vs hp question

To: Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: speed vs hp question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:21:02 -0700
Close enough. Drag is proportional to the cube of speed, rolling resistance
is linear, and so is drive train resistance (except crank windage). You'd
wind up with some complex number for a given car, like ten to the 2.7657
power, but you're as right as you need to be.

Of course I just drove straight through from Portland to Monterey--about 780
miles, 15 hours. By myself--we'll, me and Patrick O'Brian (books on tape).
I'm not sure my mind is working at all. I'll probably look at this tomorrow
and wonder what I was thinking.