fot

Re: Salisbury Breakin

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: Salisbury Breakin
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:38:20 -0600
The 'modern' parking lot is never the 'sea-of-asphalt' any longer. Lots
of curbing, plantings of trees and grass that looks to be very difficult
to irrigate and mow. It is either for making the world more beautiful, or
it is specifically to prevent those pesky autocrosser types from
bothering management to use the asphalt.
Bill

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:43:27 -0700 J M Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
writes:
> Oh, for the good ol' days, when one could drive to a large empty
> parking
> lot on a weekend and pretty much get away with anything that wasn't
>
> destructive... without having some security guard,
> lawsuit-fearing-property-owner, nosey neighbor, or
> cell-phone-wielding-neighborhood-watch-cop-wanna-be calling the
> police...  who now arrive ready to ticket you to the moon or throw
> you
> in jail, instead of chew-the-fat and thank-you for keeping it off
> the
> street!
>
> (I used to practice maneuvers in my Triumph, teach teens to drive,
> and
> do figure eights on my motorcycle, at the local shopping mall
> parking
> lots that used to be empty on Sundays back when stores weren't open
> on
> Sundays!)
>
> --Justin
>
> Larry Young wrote:
>
> > I'm finishing up the installation of a new Salisbury LSD in my
> TR3.  I
> > read a recent magazine article that said these have to be broken
> in by
> > driving in a tight figure 8 pattern for 30 minutes.  This is
> always a
> > problem for a car that's not street legal, so I'm wondering
> whether
> > this is really necessary or whether there is an alternative way to
>
> > break it in.  Thanks in advance.
> > Larry Young

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!