fot

RE: TRs in the Cinema

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TRs in the Cinema
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:48:32 -0800
> And I am all over that Girstown lobby card! The hand-tinted one
> showing the Chicken Drag.

Me too, until I saw that the TR2 windshield frame was tinted as well.

> What are those concrete water ditches with the slanted sides for
> anyway? I
> assume they are around Hollywood somewhere? They were in some other
> car-crazed teen movies.

Much of the Los Angeles area is almost perfectly flat ... those are water
channels to carry away the occasional downpour here without causing flash
floods.  Some of them actually started out as the Los Angeles and San
Gabriel rivers.

With liability laws being what they are, the water channels are much more
carefully fenced off these days, but they're still here.  All it takes is a
pair of bolt cutters, and you too can emulate your favorite teen idiot, er,
I mean idol.

Randall