fot

TR4/6 Brake Calipers for TR3...now 240Z

To: cartravel@pobox.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4/6 Brake Calipers for TR3...now 240Z
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:08:46 EST
Hate to muddy the water, but it seems like we might have come across another
variation on the theme.

We (Jack & Joe) have come across a car that was converted to Datsun 240Z
calipers. Converter claims that it was a direct bolt on (not surprised) with
changing of one hyd. fitting.

While the pads are identical and interchangeable, he claims that there is
.040 MORE PISTON AREA. (again not surpised). If I get a chance I am going to
pursue this myself.

If you elect to do this, I would be interested in your results and we have
our example in front of us for the time being.

TR4-6 brackets are required, of course, and the smaller (less expensive)
rotors. The Z calipers should be plentiful and cheap.