fot

Re: So you really want to go fast...

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: So you really want to go fast...
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:13:27 -0600
On the MIG note, if anyone wants one in the Dallas area, there has been
one sitting at the antique shop row on Hwy 80 in Terrell for several
years.  I am sure they'll take a bushel of large unmarked bills for it.
It looks to be in pretty run-down shape, though.  Perhaps a TR6 engine
transplant?  The CG is a little high for it to be a good autocrosser.
Maybe lowered, with some Koni's...

On another MIG note, I got a great shot of Elliott (my street Spit) with
a MIG at the Cavenaugh Flight Museum at the Addison Airport when I
scouted them for the Spitfire Mk8 photo shoot we did for the 1997
National.   It was on static display but I believe it was not in flying
condition at that point.

Also, later on, after I had directed the shoot, I was driving Elliott
around the static displays outside and taking pics with the planes.
There was a beautiful Thunderchief and I couldn't resist...  I  backed
Elliott underneath the wing between the wing tank and the fuselage and
took a picture of the world's most expensive carport.  I figured the
staff would have run me off at this point, but they just smiled and gave
me a thumbs-up.  I asked them why they weren't having heart attacks and
they said, "We saw how much care you take with your car, and how careful
you were with the other cars during the Spitfire photo shoot, so we
didn't have any concerns about our plane."  How cool!  And I got some
great pics out of the deal...    :)

Have a great morning!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan      :)