fot

Tires (Again)

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires (Again)
From: Wes Dayton <oilyrag@hsrca.org.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:43:58 +1000
It's been a little while since we've discussed tires. My now-bald A008Rs
mean I have to do something. The Australian rules are pretty restrictive and
for TR3As it boils down to a minimum 60-profile and 185/15 size. We were
running on 195/15 A008Rs which were technically not allowed but because of
the lack of choice were sort of "allowed".

Tires currently available that are even worth looking into seem to be:

1) Hoosier Vintage TDs 500/15. And these cost $A350 each. At the current
conversion rate that makes them about $US240.

2) Kuhmo Ecsta V711 (185/15 size is a 65% profile). However, they will not
import them to Australia (insufficient volume). Nonetheless, if anyone has
experience with these I'd be interested - maybe if we kick up enough fuss we
could get some.

I know there has been talk about an Yokohama A032R-replacement with more
size options, but that seems to have dried up.

Given all that, a couple of questions:

1) What do you pay for a 500/15 Vintage TD?

2) Any other ideas?

Wes Dayton - TR3A