fot

Re: flywheel bolts

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: flywheel bolts
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:09:52 -0500
A lot of times, the broken-off bolt in the hole is easily screwed out if
only something can get a purchase on the exposed end.

Assuming it is not all crudded up in the bolthole (or solid with red
Loctite), there is no longer tension on the bolt to hold it. A simple dent
made with a small chisel may be enough for a straight-blade screwdriver to
get enough purchase to unscrew the thing.

--Rocky Entriken