fot

Re: TR6 engine vibration..

To: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 engine vibration..
From: "T.R. Scratchings" <wob@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:05:55 +0100
It sounds like something let go in the clutch. Pressure plates in DS & DST
type clutches (B&B, QH) move off-centre and cause unpleasant vibrations,
sometimes sufficient to break the crank.BTW the ubiquitous Haynes manual
gives the wrong torque for 6-cyl flywheel bolts- 46ft/lb (correct for
TR2-4A). 90 ft/lb is the correct figure, or if you use the good ARP bolts,
up to 115 ft/lb can be used. Sometimes the starter ring gear moves backward
on the flywheel unevenly- another possible cause. I think the damper is
unlikely to be involved. Certainly flywheel related bad vibes do manifest
themselves exactly in this rev. range.
Jon  C.R.