fot

Head repair

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head repair
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:27:29 -0400
With my engine having swallowed a valve this past weekend, it looks
like my head may be unusable, unless I can find an alternate to
repairing the exhaust valve seat.  Since I have been using oversize
valves, too much material has been removed to reliably install an
insert and the gouges are too deep to cut the seat deeper.  My
machinist suggested trying someone that does plasma coating to build
up the seat.  Anyone have any experience doing this or know of a shop
doing it?  Joe(B)