fot

GT6 backing plates

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 backing plates
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:25:31 -0700
Okay...

So now I'm even more confused at this whole deal. I got a '73 parts car gt6
and the plates off it won't work because they don't have the manual adjusters
they used some funky weird automatic adjuster on the wheel cylinder. I just
bought a parts car spitfire that came with GT6 stuff all around, but it was
rotoflex. I got everything apart tonight, including the spitfire axles and the
backing plates off the rotoflex do not fit either. the bolt circle is too
large and there isn't enough material on the inside to re-drill the hole
pattern, the portion where they locate over the hub on the rotoflex is too
large.

So is there a year that will bolt up or am I just imagining this whole thing.

also available for sale is the rotoflex rear suspension stuff, everything
except the backing plates which I am trying to make work and various stock
spitfire bits from the parts car.  The tub and frame would make an excellent
race car.  No rust or accident damage.

aaron