fot

Are you a producer of a unique product for Triumphs?

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Are you a producer of a unique product for Triumphs?
From: J Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:25:31 -0700
As long as the topic came up about using the newsgroup for promotions, I
thought I'd sag way into the topic of fliers....

Back in 1997 when I first started selling my gasket, I offered to
distribute fliers with my gasket from other individuals that had
products that would be of interest to the same customer base.  I had
only one business take me up on the offer.  Grassroots Motorsports sent
me a 100 fliers.  When they were used up, I ordered another 100.   And
again.   etc.   I can't say I religiously included them with every
gasket, but I have definitely used up what they have sent me.  I don't
know why others declined, I can only imagine they didn't know me well
enough at that point to believe that I had the best of intentions and
that I wasn't going to be a conflict of interest.

I will do the same for anyone else.  If you provide fliers in an  8 1/2
x 11 (folded in half) format.... I will send it out with my gaskets as
they are sold.  (In the same way that you often end up with a little
batch of fliers when you buy something from a catalog, etc.)

I would want a flier that is only one page, (a full 81/2 x 11  or a half
page)...  preferably on regular weight paper  (all to keep the overall
shipping weight down).  If you're interested, send me a scanned copy or
snail mail me a copy for approval.   (I'm not going to send out fliers
for unrelated products, etc.)

Fliers with coupons with a discount for your product are even better!

It's not a huge market for you, but heh, it's free and you'd be getting
your flier to people that actually do buy things for their car!

--Justin Wagner