fot

Re: TX-FOT CVAR Marvelous May Races - Rocker Failure

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TX-FOT CVAR Marvelous May Races - Rocker Failure
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:01:41 -0500
Actually it was the rocker shaft that broke.  I originally wanted to install
a milder cam not a hotter cam.  The original had 304 degrees duration, which
was a bit too much for my engine with 10.5 CR.   I wanted a cam with about
290 degrees duration, but a little more lift than the 0.400 in the original
cam.  Of course, most vendors (except for Steve Long) would not give me all
the numbers (see my post about "a Pig in a Poke").  I ended up with one that
had an advertised duration of 292 and a lift of 0.500.  I was told that the
new cam had a less aggressive profile than the Erson cams, but, when I
degreed it, I found it was more aggressive than the Erson cams, and it had
even more lift than advertised - 0.520.  If things hold together with an
upgraded rocker assembly, then I still think this will be a good cam.