fot

Re: TR3 manifold question

To: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>, " FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 manifold question
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 02 07:37:13 -0800
>Any word on the flywheels yet?

Ted Schumacher replied to that one some time ago.  He has them in stock
if I recall.

>> Will the later long-branch intake manifold, with short body HS6 carbs,
>> fit in the TR3 engine bay without interference? How about with air horns
>> or air filters?

While I haven't tried that combination, I know that clearence is VERY
minimal at the front lower corner of the front carb unless you are
willing to modify your inner wing.

I handled the clearence problem by running an itg air filter.  This is a
multi layer oiled foam filter over a plastic frame.  The itg foam front
needs to be almost touching the carb intake to begin to interfere with
the intake flow (according to their specs and air flow inteference
formula).

I have the shortest one made that will fit both carbs and had to modify
the front bottom corner for fit.  I cut off the front bottom corner
plastic frame spacers and pulled the top frame down to the bottom frame
with hog's rings.  Other than the front bottom corner the filter fits
like a champ.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937