fot

Rennsport Reunion

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rennsport Reunion
From: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@top.monad.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 15:14:34 -0400
Just got back from the Rennsport Reunion at Lime Rock which had to be the
Porsche event of a lifetime.  Lemans winners old and newer, over 20
956/962's on the strait for a photo op.  908's, 917's with big wings or long
tails or no tops, incredible!  Plus more than a few Triumph types in
attendance.  Ted Schumacher had stocked up on Porsche apparel for the
weekend.  BS Levy was selling anything that he could get money for.  I
bought his potside companion from him and would thoroughly recommend it from
the parts I've read.  Watched some of the F1 race this morning with Vic
Elford who I believe has some ties to Triumphs of past. plus PL Newman and
an untold number of other famous drivers who were in attendance.

I walked to lunch Saturday from my flag station through the parking lot.
Past a 360 modena, a 550 TR, a few Corvettes and more Porsches than you'll
imagine and then here's a guy taking video of a spitfire, gotta love people
like that.

Matthew Wilder
'67 TR4a E-prepared auto-xer
http://top.mcttelecom.com/~mwilder/

PS:  Best poster seen this weekend,  A lear jet with a 911 in the foreground
with big letters, "Poverty Sucks"