fot

Re: TR4 front spoiler vs. air dam?

To: rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 front spoiler vs. air dam?
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:06:39 EDT
Come on Kramer!! You are taking this thing way too seriously....you were five
seconds faster than me in November at TWS....what more do you want?
Ann-Margaret?....btw, did you knw that Ann-Margaret drove a white TR3A in
Elvis Presley's "Las Vegas" and that Chuck Maranto (VSCDA) owns the the Elva
that Elvis drove in that movie.

Come up North soon, you displaced Easterner...we'll kick your butt. Well
maybe.....

(Nice family, Bob.....your wife and offspring were a pleasure in March at TWS)

Trivial Movie Trivia from JA

<< Amici,
 I am looking for ways to improve top end performance at TWS. We come off the
 road course onto the front Nascar straight and I run somewhere over 100 mph
 at the end of the straight. With 3.7 gears and 195-60-15 Yokes I reach
 somewhere between 6000-6500 rpm. I never really see the tach when I get out
 of the throttle because I have to turn off the straight and over the apron
 onto the road course. This requires all my concentration to avoid garment
 fouling, so I can't say for sure. I digress. On the race starts, I can pull
 with the best of them up to about 90 mph, and around the rest of the track,
 but when running the full straight to the end, I'm losing ground to the
 MagGot's. I've been told that the front end of my car is lifting, and the
 bonnet is distorted by the air. I know I need to close off the air entry
 better, which will involve pinning the bonnet at the front and some more
 grill blocking, but what about air dams and spoilers. 1972 rules allowed
 spoilers as wide as the tire centerline and no more than 3" below the
 bodywork. Is there any benefit to using a spoiler like the 73+ TR6 unit, or
 an air dam at these speeds?
 TIA

 Bob Kramer
 TR4, TR4A, TR6, 2.5 Saloon