fot

Open & TR2 Diffs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Open & TR2 Diffs
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:08:19 EST
As soon as I put a cam in my TR3, it would spin the inside wheel in 3rd gear
corners;
I installed a factory locker (there is NO limited / slip with these)!  This
was fully legal
in 1967 when I did it.  To me an "open" diff is a standard TR/ spit type unit.

Even before the poor, 3rd or 4th hand street 1956 TR3 became mine, someone
had replaced the rear axle assy. that came with the TR2 & TR3, with a TR3A
unit.

Do not try any speed events with the early axle units (ball type wheel
bearing,
splined hub attachment, and 4 bolts holding the Lockheed backing plates)

HP