fot

Re: Crows?

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crows?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:03:24 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/00 9:34:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kaskas@earthlink.net writes:

<< One more on the Crows.  Clap your hand LOUD, they hate it and and in a few
 times will go away to better climes. Old guys have experience with this
 stuff. >>

Some of the FOTers may want to keep the crows around as pets.  They do not
seem to do as much damage as pigeons.  The pigeons use to land on my 1959
roof three levels up, scratch off pieces of ancient shingles, and tear out my
gutter guard.  I finally invested in an air rifle to shoot them.  Some lady
in the Giant Eagle Supermarket told me to throw a rag soaked in ammonia onto
the roof, and the pigeons will be gone.  She was right.

Now I hear emotional explosions behind the house.  Four of five crows are
hovering around swearing at someone's cat.  All the crows seem large enough
to pick up the cat and drop it into one of the three rivers.