fot

Re: Fw: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2, Solution?

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, greenery@gte.net, fot-digest@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fw: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2, Solution?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:58:49 EDT
Amici:

The last two years there has been a reaction between current racing gas and
the copper float at the soldered joint.  This is especially true on 'new'
copper floats (i.e., from MOSS or the ROADSTER FACTORY).  We have gone thru
dozens of them.  Older copper floats seem to stand up better, but they too
fail eventually.  We have been told it is a new racing gas additive that is
non-compatible with the soldered joint.  We have plans to resolder some old
floats to see if we can do it better, but have not done so yet.  Until we
find a fix, we are going through floats like toilet paper.

Bill Dentinger