fot

Re: Hmm....

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Hmm....
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:06:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> >   1976 Spitfire 1500 motor - Help us build the ultimate Spitfire DSP
> >   autocrosser [...]  Bob 781-438-2568
>
> I guess I could have put another hint in my original message.  Not everyone
> on this list called that number to get a ride from the airport shuttle station
> after flying into the area for the VTR meet.

Oh, somehow I figured that it was almost too obvious.

> As far as the part about providing a Spitfire for the VTR autocross, thanks, I
> do appreciate the effort, but as it turns out I did okay.  In general, though,
> a better showing of the small chassis cars would be neat.  The past few years
> have turned up an increasing number of Spitfire restorations, I'd like to see
> more of them on course.

I agree. I'm working on a local Spitfire guy to get his car more up to
spec. He's a very good driver, and I think with tires and some tuning,
his car would be pretty quick in the autocross. In fact this guy was in
the top 10 for the event - the French Blue Spitfire 1500.

FWIW, he's (the Spitfire owner) making noises about wanting to co-drive
Khartu this year, so maybe we'll be able to accumulate some parts to make
his car a bit quicker in the meantime. Too bad SCCA won't let you enter
more than one class per event!  Well, there's always the ubiquitous "local
events", I guess.

I admit it - Spitfires are very fun to drive. Even though my total
Spitfire seat time is less then 10 min.

Speaking of which - I'd better my act together "right quick"... there's
only 11 weeks to the first SCCA Solo II event in my region. There's only
3 weeks if I decide that Ft. Meyers would be worth the haul (highly
unlikely) and about 4 weeks to Meridian, MS (also unlikely).

I'm psyched. Triumphs in 2000!

> Well, there was one of those other Bobs and his very
> nice Le Mans replica.

Yep. Very nice indeed.

> mjb.

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |