fot

TR 4A IRS FRAME & BODY TUB for sale

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR 4A IRS FRAME & BODY TUB for sale
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:45:03 -0700
Okay guys... I was going to put this on e-bay... but I think it's too
awkward an item to really deal with in that way...

I have a frame and body tub (no skins, no doors, no bonnet, no boot lid,
etc.) that I have kept in storage since 1984 or so...  I kept it because
I found them to be relatively RUST FREE... with only surface rust, here
and there... even the battery box area is solid...  trunk and floor
areas are like new... etc...   no newly painted areas... all the paint
is original. (red)

What I liked about the frame was that it was so straight... the box
aspect of it was very clean... without the usual dings and dents from
slamming into road debris, bumps, etc..

I want to sell these to a particular type of person:

A.  Someone that can really appreciate the rust free aspect of these
parts.  (Even though it would be easier to sell it to a Californian...
I'd really like to see this car go to someone in the rust-belt... as
they would most appreciate this as the basis of their restoration.)

B.  Someone that can come to the Los Angeles area themselves, and pick
them up. (I do not want to deal with shipping companies.)

I am willing to work out a reasonable time frame for you to come and get
it, but I would like to see them out as soon as possible. (I can
coordinate this with a "trip" if necessary.)

I would like $500.00 each.  Considering I have been paying storage fees
on these parts since 1984, I don't think it's asking too much.

I reserve the right to turn down the sale, at any time, for any reason.
(I probably won't sell one, if I can't sell the other, etc.)

I'd rather see them both go together, as they are from the same car, but
I will separate.

I do have title.  Title will go with the tub.  It is notable that is it
very close to the last TR 4A's made.  Vehicle I. D. number is CTC 75563L

It will not necessarily be a first come, first serve sale.  I will
consider all... and determine who I will sell these to based on their
need, location, ability to pick them up, and their activity with the
newsgroups.

Thanks.

--Justin
Los Angeles