fot

tr-6 Emissions

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: tr-6 Emissions
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:57:11 -0500
I am helping a friend rebuild her TR-6.  She bought the car new in 1974 and
it has been sitting for about 15 years.  This is turning out to be a very
major restoration effort (wish I had thought a little harder about it
before offering to help!)

Anyway, she has asked if I can eliminate all of the emissions equipment on
the car.  (This, after I had carefully documented how all of the hoses,
etc. went on, to facilitate the reassembly).  We live in a rural part of
Indiana and don't have any emissions testing here.

Most of the cars I have worked on have been pre-1968 models and therefore
have had very little (if any) emissions equipment.  Does anyone have a good
source of instructions for eliminating the emissions equipment on a later
TR-6?  I have a few ideas, based on my pre-emissions experience, but would
rather follow comprehensive instructions from someone who has done it
before.  I appreciate any help you can give, and would be willing to
purchase an instruction manual if such a thing exists.  Thanks for your
help.