fot

Re: pronunciation

To: Paul Richardson <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: pronunciation
From: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 08:29:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Paul Richardson wrote:

> For the sake of the FOTer technical archives and 'paddock' cuisine; there
> are many cheap n' nasty imitations just labeled 'Worcester Sauce', but the
> real Worcester sauce is called "LEA AND PERRINS." and it says on the bottle
> "By appointment to Her Majesty the Queen."

Great stuff, the L&P sauce. But it might lead one to wonder why it's so
good when -- according to some -- English cuisine itself is nothing to,
er, write home about? Perhaps it is necessary for the sauce to be that
good in REACTION to English cuisine? Anyway, with that sauce, ALTOIDS and
a few other things (some other liquids from various parts of the Isles
come to mind), I'M happy! But no driving after consumption of those liquids!

--Andy