fot

Re: Scattershields

To: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Subject: Re: Scattershields
From: "R. KASTNER" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 19:52:00 -0700
The regulation on scatershields came into effect in the late sixties and was
also a surprise to everyone then. We used a length of steel reinforced belting
that was approx. 1/2" thick.  This stuff was tested ( not by choice ) and worked
well. We made cold rolled steel brackets to hold the belting to the bell housing
and under the trans cover. Covering a little more than the top half of the bell
housing  and about 9" wide. Worked then, why not not??