fot

Mechanical Advance

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Mechanical Advance
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 07:12:08 -0700
Should I be concerned about using different strengh springs to control
my mechanical advance?  I am using a combination of Triumph and Delco
springs to get my current ignition curve.  Will this cause rotor wobble?
I was thinking that if one weight starts to open before the other that
the balance would be off.  Maybe cause ignition flutter at higher rpm's.
Do you autocrossers use equal springs?  If so, how do you fine tune your
advance curve?  (trade secrets?)  Or am I worried about nothing?

Pat in NC