fot

Payoffs and publicity

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Payoffs and publicity
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 16:17:57 -0700
Those of you that have the new 1997 yearbook from Vintage Motorsport,
take a look at the coverage for the Portland Historics. You'll see my
rather tacky looking TR3 both before and moments after my faux pas.

Nice to be in a magazine, but I'm not so sure I wanted that particular
moment preserved.

It's causing screams of anguish with my local friends. It's the second
time my car has appeared prominently in print. First a cover for
SOVERN's newsletter, and then this. The rant goes "with all the glorious
cars available for pictures, why are we seeing so much of Babcock's
ratty TR."

Payoffs, ma amici, payoffs.