fot

axle quotes

To: vinttr4@FORBIN.COM
Subject: axle quotes
From: Linda Wright <mxr125@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 15:32:18 -0400
Hi Jack,After speaking with Stock Car Products about the axles he seemed
very happy to help us with this project but did question some of the
spec only from a point of experience with their NASCAR axles they
supply. He says they stopped breaking axles when they moved to
the new material and is quick to state that he is far from being a
meterlergist and doesn't understand all the reasons except this material
stopped their problem.
                My notes are brief from the conversation but the radius
question referred to changing the radius to help strengthen the shaft.He
also feels the small radius behind the nut may be eliminated to help
eliminate a possible weak point and I told him I knew of no breaks
occurring at this point.
        I will bring my notes from the conversation to Mid-Ohio to
discuss further.
        About the close ratio set,I understand that J.K.Jackson is
putting together an assoetment of gears that work well according to John
Lye.I'll see you at Mid-Ohio next week I hope.
        George Wright