fot

Donor Found!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Donor Found!
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 17:31:17 -0700
Dear FOTers,

After three months of scouring the country, a suitable 1961 TR3A donor
car was found to resurrect old, white #41.  A private individual in
Adrian, MI, advertised in the regional "Trading Times".  The ad was seen
by Dan McNamara (who recently took delivery of a set of TR4 wheels from
Joe Alexander) and he called me with the lead.  A short, one hour ride
on Tuesday night and 2 hours of poking and prying into every nook and
cranny (with Glen directing where to look and what to look for) clinched
the deal.  The previous owner has had the car for 30 years, had it
repainted about 20 years ago, and it appears to be in very original
condition.  It even runs, although some steering bushings have gone away
and it has about 6" of steering wheel float.  The car will soon be on
its way to Florida and hopefully by next spring will become an even
better white #41.  So if anyone needs parts for a street TR3A (top,
tonneau, painted wires, dash, seats, etc.) let me know.

Ya hoooooo, the search is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff