fot

Half Shafts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Half Shafts
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:31:35 -0400 (EDT)
Hi FOT
  Thanks for the definitive responses.
  I might add that of the failures that I have experienced inboard of the
bearing, one was primarily in the oil seal area, and three were in the inside
of the transition from the "main" shaft dia., at the start to the oil seal
dia.  Flat towing with the wheel spacers (inside factory mag wheels) seemed
  to aggrivate the failure rate.
     BTW I leave tomorrow for Portland, and have four nationals in the next
four
weeks, so please pardon any lapses in responses.
Good Triumph Racing!               HP