fot

TR6 Pistons & Rods

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Pistons & Rods
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:20:35 +0000
I'm in the process of building a vintage race motor for my TR6, and
I'm wondering what the current wisdom is regarding pistons and rods.

I've ordered Carillo rods & Cosworth pistons from TRF, but both are
back-ordered with uncertain delivery dates. And, of course, both are
more than a tad pricey.

The competition manual praises the stock rods (with lightening
modifications), and the stock pistons don't appear to be all that bad
or all that heavy. I'm wondering whether I should just go ahead and
use modified stock parts - or should I find some other source of
special rods & pistons?

Any and all thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Hill
Madison WI