[Roadsters] OT - GM's LS V-8

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, 510 List <bluebird510@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT - GM's LS V-8
From: Ronnie Day via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:45:19 -0500

--089e0129497ca1db6f05232e989d

Gordon Glasgow posted this link (http://tinyurl.com/pcpa48l) to an Road &
Track video with Tom Nelson on FB outlining why the GM LS V-8s are so
strong. Well worth investing the 20 minutes it takes to watch. The basic
engine building concepts and principles he discusses are applicable to an
engine build.

One thing I have noticed about the plants that GM uses to build the LS
motors, at least for the Corvettes, is the high level of computer
controlled automation that goes into the selection of parts and the
assembly itself. The result is virtually a blue-printed engine, but without
the high number of man hours associated with such a build.

Ron

--089e0129497ca1db6f05232e989d

nyurl.com/pcpa48l">http://tinyurl.com/pcpa48l</a>) to an Road &amp; Track v=
ideo with Tom Nelson on FB outlining why the GM LS V-8s are so strong. Well=
 worth investing the 20 minutes it takes to watch. The basic engine buildin=
g concepts and principles he discusses are applicable to an engine build.</=
ses to build the LS motors, at least for the Corvettes, is the high level o=
f computer controlled automation that goes into the selection of parts and =
the assembly itself. The result is=C2=A0virtually a blue-printed engine, bu=
t without the high=C2=A0number of=C2=A0man hours associated with such a bui=

--089e0129497ca1db6f05232e989d--

--===============5306624293892693230==