[Roadsters] Absurd Price of Parts

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Absurd Price of Parts
From: Ken Oxenrider <bushpilot444@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:23:12 -0500
No, my wife has owned this one since 1971.... she is the second owner....

GrillePower washed

Very good advice from everyone.

I am trying to make it back into a fair-weather daily driver.  In other
words, a new top is at the bottom of the list.  My grille is intact but
has some minor dings and bends. I have no idea what they charge for
fixing those I have spent about $500 on brake parts and other items like
a new master cylinder, new clutch master cylinder and slave, and various
tools.  Can't wait to get it back on the road, probably by spring.  The
gas tank has to come off and be flushed and checked, including the
sending unit, and all new gas & brake lines.  It has been sitting for 14
years so I feel I need to do that.  Making the upgrade to the four
piston calipers and Altima rotors while I am at it.

I have a blog about it in case anyone is interested or bored at the
moment. :)

www.companydesigns.net/roadsterproject/

Kenny
Savannah, Ga.

I wonder if this is the one that was on eBay months ago.

On Dec 30, 2014 6:26 PM, "Ken Oxenrider" <bushpilot444@gmail.com

    Here is a prime example of why my roadster will not be brought back
    to stock.  I realize this is a rare, new, in the box grille but it
    is just an example of how crazy parts prices have become.

    Datsun Roadster 2000 Grille NEW IN BOX Never Installed $2,495.00

    --

    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.