[Roadsters] Solexes

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Solexes
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 15:12:54 -0500
So,  Let me tell you about solexes and Weber's.  They are absolutely great at
the altitude you tune them for.  But for driving at different altitudes they
suck.  When I had them on my car and well tuned there was nothing better than
the roar.  But when I hit the mountains I had to shift to second and sometimes
first to get up a steep grade.  Su/s compensate for that and give a much
better driving car.  Don't get me wrong/  I loved the solexes, but they sucked
when taking a fun run in the mountains.

Richard
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html