Re: [Roadsters] Fuel pump

To: "'David Boerst'" <dboerst@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fuel pump
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:37:22 +1030
I can relate to your environment, I'm in South Oz and we get very hot
summers too!
You could try wrapping the engine bay lines in an insulating wrap so that
the engine doesn't heat them up.
Since the car was designed in Japan which is a more temperate climate, we
might have to take measures not envisaged by the factory.

"Fuel pump

Thanks for the info! Asfor the fuel line positioning I live in Arizona close
to Phoenix and it gets H=O=T. Can fry a egg on the side walk during summer
and on the rear deck lid of my 1600 ! I don't understand why the fuel lines
are so close to the thermostat housing and on top of the intake/exhaust
manifolds. I have 1 1970 1600 and it likes to vapor lock in the summer. I
re-routed the fuel line and it is better now."
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive