Re: [Roadsters] Looking for some help with a "Dizzy" (Gary Boone)

To: pjmill@sonic.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Looking for some help with a "Dizzy" (Gary Boone)
From: Gary Boone <gboone70@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 17:24:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Paul,
I can probably help you figure this out.  If you are installing for the first
time, you may have installed the drive coupling (on the lower end of the dizzy
shaft) 180 degrees out.  Or the drive gear may be a tooth or 2 off. If you
think this might be the case, I can email you instructions for the easiest
method for getting the drive gear orientation correct.  Can you see where the
timing marks are located with the timing light?
Gary