[Roadsters] Ball joint boots

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Ball joint boots
From: Bill Oakes <boakes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:26:33 -0500
Hi gang,

the assembly process is finally in high gear, things are going back on
the '68 2000 Solex and it's looking really nice.

The top ball joints look to be in pretty good shape, but the boots are
lousy, can you get just those? I guess I'm kind of "looking with my
mouth", as I'm sure they're out there on one of the roadster parts
guys sites. Suggestions are welcomed.

Here's the weird one, though. I received two brand new lower ball
joints with the car, the first one went on great, but then looked at
the second one and it doesn't have a hole for the cotter pin. Is that
right? Do I need to use a self-locking/nlyon nut?

thanks
-bill