Re: [Roadsters] Alternator wobble

To: Dave Cooke <cookefam314@gmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Alternator wobble
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:02:07 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,

I think either solution should be fine.  First, I'd try the '69
alternator.  If it hasn't been stored outdoors or in a bucket of water, time
should not harm it.  If that doesn't work, replace the "drive end bearing".  I
think it's pretty easy to get at, and not pressed into the front plate.  (At
least, the 2000s are not, and their Mitsubishis, also.)  I thought the
commutator end was just a bushing, but I'll check my parts book this evening
and get a better answer on both points.

Gary