Re: [Roadsters] Passenger Brake Light

To: "Hoon Kim" <hoonhkim@gmail.com>, "Roadster mailist"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Passenger Brake Light
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:19:42 -0500
Hoon,

I presume you figured out why the regulator "fried" before replacing it.  If
you're not experienced with electrical systems, you should have the charging
system checked by a professional, to see if there are any weaknesses which
need to be corrected.  Most repair shops can test the charging system for
you.

I don't think the two problems are related.

As to the brake lights, in the early cars, both brake lights are fed from a
single wire which runs along the left frame rail.  If your left light works
at all, but the right side does not, the problem has to be in the wiring at
the back of the car between the left side light and the right side light.
Be sure to check the ground wire which connects the rear harness -- under
the body behind the trunk -- to the frame near the license lamp. (It is
called "Side Rail Earth" on the wiring diagram, but I believe the connection
is on the back of the body.)

Gary