[Roadsters] U20 - Cam Broke - Valve Worries

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] U20 - Cam Broke - Valve Worries
From: nmleeds@mindspring.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 19:30:58 -0400 (EDT)
All,

Continueing on the saga of the U20 -> U10.  It wasn't the carb.  It wasn't
electrical. So I took off the valve cover and found a broken cam.  The video is
good for laughs.

That raises a couple of questions:

1) Any ideas why my new cam, on my freshly rebuilt (5,000 mile) engine broke?
What should I look for and address before putting a new one in?
2) Should I be worried that the snapped cam might have caused the pistons to
hit the valves?  I noticed a the sparkplugs on the 3 and 4 cylinders were wet,
and worried about valve, valve guides . . .
3) Any thoughts about what cam I should put in as a replacement?
4) And, does anyone have one cheap they would sell me?

Nathaniel

'69 U10