Re: [Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right

To: Dave Cooke <cookefam314@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] my Brakes don't feel right
From: Dewey Hahlbohm <hahlbohmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:52:11 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Dave, as I had previously responded, the brake brace is a good addition.  In
addition to all the other responses you have had about brake fluid, etc., you
might consider replacing the rear wheel cylinders and front calipers.
Rebuilding the front calipers also works well at a much cheaper cost, as long
as the originals are not scored or pitted.

I have had a very difficult time getting the brakes bled on my car and all the
air out of the system.  I recently purchased, but have not yet tried, an
automatic brake bleeder from "Motive" on the advice of a friend.  Cost about
$60.  I think this is really going to be helpful for me.  I can see the value
of having the pressure bleeder to push the fluid thru your entire system.

Also, don't forget to bleed the master cylinder.  You might try KFP front pads.
 I installed those on my autocross car when I was not satisfied with the
braking power.  They made a huge difference for me.  They are pricy, maybe $120
for 4 pads, but well worth it.

Lastly, it is a 40 year old car, with 40 year old technology.  You will likely
never get BMW M series braking from your roadster.  Good luck, Dewey