[Roadsters] What did you do this weekend? 2/1/09

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] What did you do this weekend? 2/1/09
From: ljordan704@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:50:33 -0500
Hello all,

I had a nice day of Datsun therapy. I went over to Peter's house and we took
off the old oil pan on my car, rather easily, using? a soft chisel in a couple
spots and a few rubber mallet whacks. I checked the oil and there were no metal
bits. Then the new cork gasket with #2 Permatex non hardening sealer on the
gasket installed on the shiny newly refurbished pan I had, then adding more on
the mating surface of the car. Tightened it all up carefully from the center
and going round multiple times to just finally snug everything up. New oil and
filter and... no leaks. Yeah! The old gasket was crumbly trashed, no wonder it
leaked. With idling and driving I see that the pressure is up slightly and at
idle the oil pressure does not go to zero but is slightly above. Conclusion is
that eliminating leaks is a good thing. (Duh)
My thanks to Peter for his direction and assistance, jack stands, jack and
correct tools.
On Peter's car it looks like the Petronix is dead as we determined his new coil
was working afterall.
Looks like he can get a new Petronix part so all is not lost, and his car
should run soon. Yeah!
What did you do this weekend?

Linda
68 1600