Re: [Roadsters] datsun ealry 67 1600 head gasket..Repair advice.

To: "'datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] datsun ealry 67 1600 head gasket..Repair advice.
From: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:16:03 -0500
took the head to a machine shop today.  he looked at it and said "Datsun?"
a good sign!

he pointed out a number of places where the gasket had not held, and
tomorrow i'll pick up a freshly resurfaced head.

i'm going to clean up the block/cylinder walls as best I can.  i've already
started the PB Blaster treatments.

i've started regimens of PB Blaster and heat for that nasty little bolt.
everyone cross your fingers for me!!!!!!

with a little luck next week i'll be firing it up.

anyone got a replacement head bolt or two for an early 67 1600 to sell?
that would be SAE, not metric.